Monday, July 28, 2014

Jeep Hair Don't Care

Jeep.  It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.  Jeep wave.  Because Jeep.  Who knew there was such a vast culture and camaraderie among Jeep owners?  Not me.  There are endless accessories, a hierarchy based on what kind of Jeep one drives, clubs, and memes.

When my husband first started thinking of buying another Jeep (he had a Cherokee when we first met), he thought it would be fun to have for the summer.  We can access 4x4 only areas of the beach.  We could put the top down and enjoy even more of the Florida lifestyle that we love so much.  He finally pulled the trigger and bought one several months ago.  It is a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and boy, is it fun!

We first took it to a 4x4 only area in Vilano Beach called Porpoise Point to break the ice.  It's beautiful.  I see lots of visits there in the future and are now there usually at least once a weekend.  The next day we drove it onto St. Augustine Beach, just to check it out as we had never been there before.  Little did we know, there are miles and miles of 4x4 only beach driving there.  We ended up south of Crescent Beach.  We had all three kids piled in the back and had to listen to a rousing rendition of the 'Are We There Yet' song, but it was so worth it.

What can I say?  I've been bitten by the Jeep bug.  My husband says that life is too short to drive a boring car.  Now, I totally get it.  Earlier this month, I traded in my minivan and got a Jeep of my very own.  A bright ORANGE Crush Jeep.  I had driven minivans for 10 years while my kids were little....huge change for me!! I'm loving it!

It's true, Jeep Hair Don't Care!


No comments:

Post a Comment